photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

6/30/2014

A Step Into Our {Home}

Don't you just love to see old pictures of houses you grew up in? I think it's so fun to look back a see what your room looked like when you were 5.


I don't have very many detailed pictures of old rooms, so that's what made me want to write this post. I want to look back at what we started with...although we have come a LONGGgg way from our last apartment. Those extra special orange countertops, brown cabinets, brown carpet, metal doors, fancy space heaters, no dishwasher or washing machine...you get the gist of it {OLD}. But nothing a little decorating couldn't fix (already bummed I didn't take detailed pictures of our home at Wagon Wheel). 

>>>

So here goes.
A quick walk through of our humble little abode here in Iowa. Nothing fancy. I mainly just want pictures for Preston & Wesley to see where they spent hundreds of hours playing and growing up as we trek our way through Dental School. The days we will look back on and cherish forever.   

Welcome to our home.

That's our front door to the left (in the top left picture), that walks into...well, pretty much our entire house ;) It's kind of cool that you can see almost every room in your house while standing at your front door right?...and who doesn't want to do laundry in their kitchen? Score ;) 

>>>
And my best/biggest secret...Shhh, don't tell.
 This white dresser/entertainment center/ whatever you want to call it, actually holds Preston & Wesley's clothes...in the living room :) When Wes was born we were in desperate need of a dresser for the boys clothes, but had no place in their room for one.  


Just to orient things a little, our kitchen/kitchen table is to the right of the rug. 
<<<
{Bathroom off the living room}



>>>

I must admit these little boys have some sweet furniture in their room.
Preston's bed was made by Skyler's Dad...seriously, how cute right? I'll have to see what it would take to get us another matching one for Wes....cause I would pay big bucks for the next one:) And the boy's toy box was made by my Dad & Ryan (my brother). Best toy box EVER. It's shallow on the top so you don't have to dig for years to find yours toys. And the baskets on the bottom help use keep things a little bit more organized, which is always a plus. 



Poor Wes, might get his name on the wall one day.


I made the ruffle crib skirt when Wes was born...and trust me, it DOES match. Crummy lighting. It really is {dark} navy blue. 

 And my most recent favorite piece in their room, the herringbone dresser. I'm sure it's a little wild for some...but I'm absolutely in love. And I hope these little boys know how much love and hard work went into taping this bad boy off. 

<<<

This is all you get of Skyler and I's bedroom. There's nothing to share in here...usually just piles of laundry on our bed. Oh, and we have a bathroom in here too.


There you have it. That really is all of it. I didn't even leave out storage closets, trust me, I wish I had them.
Our third apartment we have lived in since we have been married. Except here in Iowa they call them condos...which makes me feel a little more fancy than I am.
Hopefully the last of our renting days will end here. 

>>>
We love this little place we call home, and we really love who we share it with.
Many memories have been made, and many many more in the making. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Absolutely in love! I seriously love your sense of style. Your home is so beautiful. And that white dresser is the best...great secret. Nobody would ever know. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!