photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

3/05/2015

Big Things Are Happening {...Eventually}

I'm very excited to finally announce that the Romriells officially have a job. Well...we will. And by "We" I mean Skyler, of course. :)

Skyler "officially" signed a contract and will be working in...
KANSAS! 
The sunflower state, the flat lands, tornado alley. 
(as a Dentist...in case you missed the fact that he has been in Dental school the last 4 years).



We have been job hunting for a few months now. Secretly hoping that some incredible opportunity would just magically show up in some beautiful location in the mountains. Surrounded by lots of big giant trees, tons of water, and beautiful fishing rivers. Capped off with an enormous sign in the ground saying THIS....THIS is where you are supposed to be.

But at last, that surprisingly did not happen. ;)
There just wasn't an opportunity out there (that we found) that topped the opportunity in Kansas.

I won't lie. Kansas is no paradise. There are no mountains, or trees...or water. But it's HOME (for me that is).  It's a good place, with good people and we are very excited about it. 
And let's be honest, the thought of living by my family that I have been so far away from for so long, is an incredible thought. Not many things top living by the people you love. 


For the past 7 years together, Skyler and I have only known the life of a student. It still seems so surreal that this will be happening. It's a good feeling having a job lined up. And an even better feeling to be moving forward.

...I'm telling ya, big things are happening. 

The only thing that will make this more official is graduation in June. Kind of an important last step, right?
(Don't worry Babe, we have total faith in you)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. Hurray! I drive through Kansas twice a year. I also need a good dentist... Can you hook it up?! Haha. Congratulations to you!! It's been a great sacrifice and I'm so excited to hear y'all are doing great things. - Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where at in Kansas Brooke?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I am so happy for you and slightly jealous that you get to live by mike and Britt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! This is perfect. I bet it feels good to finally be finishing up school. :) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a small world. I saw you twice in GC and recognized you as Brook "the guera I went to school with" but then I was glued to your boys because I have 2 boys(2yr and 1yr)but soon to be 3 boys (30 weeks). I'm also a mother of a 9 year old girl so my eyes get drawn to boys now that Im having boys. I enjoy your blog and insta pg it's authentic.

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!