photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

12/26/2010

Christmas gift exchange

I know my first Christmas post was a mile long already, but I'm adding another. I just couldn't leave this part out. The thing we look forward to most ever year... DRAWING NAMES!!! (And for Britt who wasn't there, here are the awesome gifts from this year). Each year we draw names but instead of buying a gift for that person you have to make it. Now if you know my family I have some very creative siblings and an extremely creative mother. So most of the gifts that are made are incredible. For example...one year my little brother made me a banana chair, and it was no ordinary banana chair it was like a super sized one, (I can't wait till I have a house big enough for it, right now it's still at my parent's).  So this year we were all very excited to see everyone's gifts, so here they are. And just like we open them......Oldest to youngest!


Dad had Ryan and made him this awesome (personalized) Quillow. And yes I even have pictures of him sewing it for proof (but of course mom helped a bit.)




Mom had Tayler and also made him the (personalized) quillow. (My little brothers are huge Jayhawk fans, so if you were wondering, that is a KU Jayhawk on the pocket.)
***
Mike had my Dad.
Shane had Brittany but Britt and Mike weren't able to be home this Christmas so I don't have pictures. He made her blocks with family pictures on every side so it's kind of like a puzzle; you have to put the blocks together to see the picture. (They also had names on the opposite side so her kids can match faces with names)
***
Brittany had Shane and made him a giant twister board and put lots of other fun goodies in the present to go with it!

Mike had my Dad, and also made him a super fun package with lots of goodies and fun stuff!

Skyler had Jake and made him an alphabet photography picture of his name. (Skyler was very busy with school, so he did have A LOT of help from his wife! Good thing I LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES).

Jake had Lane and made him this SWEET clock. Jake did an awesome job & even put Lane's favorite things on it... His baby the rhino (truck), motorcycle and his own silhouette.

Sadie had Brooke(me) and made me these adorable ABC blocks,(Which Preston already loves) And she also made me Christmas countdown blocks that are SO so cute but not in this picture(sorry).
Brooke had Mom and made her a recipe book with all of her recipes in it. (If you have ever tried to find anything in my mom's recipes, you would be very grateful that her 1,000's of delicious recipes are organized!)
Lane had Skyler and made him a Washer's set. If you have never played washer's it is a SUPER fun game. (You try to throw washers into these boxes & you get more points for landing in the tube. We even had a family washer's tournament later that night).
Ryan had Sadie and made her these super cute blocks with letters on them. They spell out every holiday and some more fun words! (just so you know there were lots of blocks not just these three).
***
Tayler had Mike and made him a knife sheath, as Skyler calls it. I call it a leather knife holder.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. These presents are the BEST! You guys are super talented in the art department..I had no idea! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. We do the same thing in our fam and i love seeing how creative everyone gets. Oh and i just watched your socks game. HAHA That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you guys do this. We draw names too but don't do the homemade thing. Maybe we should start doing homemade because you guys have rockin gifts!

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!