10/23/2011
Harvest Time
I looked out the window and what did I see?
A combine harvesting soy beans!
We are surrounded by fields, so we have been seeing a lot of this lately. So Preston and I lounge on the deck and watch the magic happen. We probably shouldn't since Preston has some major allergies, but it's fun to watch for a bit, it's like a little piece of home. Ever since harvest started the poor boys around our house have been miserable (thank goodness I don't have allergies). But it will soon be over and then everything will be covered in snow!
So this was a rather pointless post, but something inside me loves the farm life. Not that I know anything about it, and I have never been apart of it (well I drove a tractor once, haha) My brothers worked on farms, my parents worked on farms, but me... I picked delicious corn from the fields every year and that's about it! Oh but I love it, I love living in little towns that consist of more corn and cows than people....that's my kind of living!
What can I say, I'm from Kansas.

At the Iowa football game last week, they did this big thing for ANF - America Needs Farmers...And I guess it's a big deal cause I see ANF everywhere around here. But check out this video, they went all out for the farmers!
p.s. This post is dedicated to Jake(the farmer at heart) and Tricia(the farmer by marriage)!







Don't worry, I decided since I've worked on a farm that I have the authority to declare to as much of a farm girl as any. I can name you many many farm boys who have done less on a farm then you have. Keep those posts coming!
ReplyDeleteI love it! I always wondered how soy beans were grown. now I know! Aden has been so busy recently. I hardly ever see him. Farming sucks at times, but we like it :)Your view looks like mine does, except I don't see houses!
ReplyDelete