photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

3/01/2012

Pre-Spring Break

This last weekend Skyler had a little more free time than usual, so we headed to Skyler's parent's house for the weekend. Skyler's Dad Farrell, had to work Saturday morning & I've told him many time that I want to see inside his work, so we met him downtown for a little tour of the union pacific headquarters.

I've never lived in a big city with big buildings downtown, so whenever I go downtown and see skyscrapers I'm always amazed...I think they are so cool. So the U.P building maybe isn't even that big compared to some buildings, but it's huge to what I'm used to.

(under ground walkway that starts two blocks away)

All the offices are glass on the inside, so you can see all the way across the building & it makes it feel super BIG.


We had to wear visitor tags with our names on them, and Preston was so excited to get his on. I guess since the rest of us put ours on first, he thought it looked pretty cool to have one!

We had lots of fun touring the very large and very neat building. And I'm still very amazed with these big buildings!!

After our tour we headed over to Red Mango, cause what's a trip to the in-laws without a trip to Red Mango...it's kind of turned into a tradition. Every time we go visit, Farrell and Dena take us to the Red Mango...best tradition ever if you ask me(They are super sweet to us!) If you have never eaten at Red Mango you're missing out, it is SO GOOD! It's a little self serve frozen yogurt place.

We all LOVE it dearly, hope we keep the tradition up forever!

Skyler studied a while on Saturday while Dena and I did a little craft. Than Skyler surprised us and told us his Monday schedule was a slower day than normal so we could stay until Tuesday morning, yay!! Spring break is in a week, so I guess this was our little pre-spring break!

Grandpa and Grandma ordered a BIG OL' remote control train set that was shipping a little behind schedule, so when we decided to stay a little longer we got to be there for the big set up!
Preston loved it and we all had lots of fun putting tracks together and trying to keep our trains running. You can set up the track different every time. And trust me...it's a lot harder to keep all 4 trains running on the same track without having a few derailments (Grandpa Farrell wouldn't be very impressed with us amateur conductors). 

This summer everyone in Skyler's family (except Dallen who is at BYU-I) is moving to Omaha, so everyone is going to be so close, and there are 5 grandsons who I'm sure will LOVE the train set... and probably the girls too!


I guess you could say we had ourselves a very fun "train" filled pre-spring break!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!