photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

6/26/2012

Crib Is Ready!!

(DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE ME YOUR EMAIL IF YOU WANT TO READ THE BLOG...WE'RE GOING PRIVATE VERY SOON.)


Finally finished sewing the crib bedding, and I'm in love!! I must say it was way more adorable before I put the crib rail on...now the rail kind of hides the cute ruffles, but I'm still in love!
 Still need to make one more rail cover...but I'm pretty sure this little guy won't be born with teeth, so I have a while to get that one done!
 Now I have to give some major props and THANK YOU'S to Carol, my incredible friend that supplied all my fabrics(how nice is she?) And also my incredible Mom, when I had all my strips cut out I sent them to her to serge for me, cause can you imagine hemming ALL of those strips...NO WAY it would have taken my whole life. So my mom serged all the edges and sent them back to me to finish up! Couldn't have done it without you two.


It was quite the project for a crib that actually won't be slept in for several months, since the baby will be in the craddle, but if I didn't finish it before the baby got her I probably wouldn't have done it at all. SO HAPPY IT'S DONE! This room is coming together and I'm loving it, can't wait to share pictures soon!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I LOVE it! You did such a great job! I want a serger so bad! Some day. I have been wanting to make some new crib bedding for awhile now, but I am waiting to see what I'm having first. I was kind of sad because I was thinking if it's a boy I couldn't do ruffles...but now that I've seen your adorable bedding I'm totally doing ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I LOVE it! Dang you and your handi sewing-ness! We need to live closer so you can teach me the ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I made you a gift with some of that same fabric!! Now I HAVE to send it to you so it'll match his room! very cute crib skirt!....ps. send me your address!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you invited me! :) I haven't checked blogs in a LONG time! LOVE the crib! Your toothbrush turned out awesome! You didn't even tell me you were doing a cool cake! Great idea!....I'll have to remember that one. Hyrum is missing Preston.

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!