photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

9/12/2010

Vacation in the Hawkeye State



Preston & Grandpa Bird watching out the window!


riding the buckin Bronco

After a super fun summer in Kansas and a wonderful trip to Iowa we are finally home. We had tons of fun and are going to miss our family a lot, but it’s time to get back to the school life(fun*fun). Before heading back to Idaho we made a quick stop in Iowa. We had tons of fun spending time with Skyler’s
parents. Preston loved the attention, and enjoyed getting to know Grandpa & Grandma a little
better.

*************************

While we were there, we went on a 15*mile bike ride that was so much fun! Preston LOVED riding around in the bike trailer that Grandpa Farrell pulled. He even got a little down time!

Half way through the ride, we took a break at plow in the oak parkweird name right? But check this out, pretty much one of the coolest things
I’ve ever seen. (kind-of self explanatory)




We spent a day at the Omaha zoo, which is HUGE, and there are so many fun animals to see. Preston loved the penguins and I thought the aquarium was pretty neat.

We split up our day of walking with an IMAX movie! Pretty cool glasses if I may say so myself!



Our first night in town we enjoyed a dinner on a murder mystery train. It was super fun & some of us even got parts to play in the murder act. Skyler & I both had parts, & in the end I was voted runner up best actress haha ( prob. Only because my table voted for me! haha) Dena and I also dressed up in our 40’s get-up and were voted best dressed!



In our spare time Dena & I had lots of fun making cards! I was going to put the picture of all the cards, because we made TONS, but since pretty much everyone I made a card for reads my blog that probably wouldn’t be fun to see your card before you actually get it. Maybe when there all sent out I’ll put the pictures on! here are a few...the only ones that have been sent out so far.

Sadly our trip ended, but we can’t wait to visit again. Big Thanks to Dena & Farrell for such a fun week in Iowa!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I love your 40's look! You're gorgeous in every era, not fair! Mike's Birthday card was so amazing! ...Kade's too but we haven't officially opened it. (: I Miss you! xoxo Beebs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo that looks like you guys had a blast! And that train murder/mystery thing sounds dang fun. You guys look cute all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!