photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

1/23/2011

Preston's First Birthday


Happy birthday to my DINO-mite boy

We (more like I) wanted to make Preston’s birthday super special since it was his first or course. Yes, I do know that he is only 1 and he really could care less what we did for his birthday, but what mom doesn’t want to make their little boy feel extra special. I DO! So...to start off with the fun we took Preston up to Green Canyon Hot Springs for a little swim. He just hung out in his floaty loving life and watching everyone try to entertain him. Later that night we got together with Shane & Sadie, and Jake(My brothers). Preston was also super lucky to have both Grandparents and his other favorite uncles (Lane, Ryan, & Tayler) in attendance…over Skype (They couldn’t miss out on the cake action). We had dinner, opened presents, and dove right into the cake.

Jake brought Preston a kit-kat, just in case he didn’t like the present he got him he knew he would like the candy. Well Jake did good, Preston loved them both. He carried around the Kit-Kat all night, even bit a whole in the wrapper so he could suck the chocolate out.

I am somewhat in love with dinosaurs right now so Preston is too, funny how that works! I made a dinosaur quilt to give Preston on his birthday so I decided to continue with the theme and have a Dino party.

I also made him a GIANT snake that matches his blanket. (A prehistoric snake of course)

Preston's Roarin' cake

Preston was a little confused when we put the cake in front of him without a spoon. He sat there for a good five minutes looking at the cake not wanting to get his hands dirty.

Finally he figured out a way to eat the cake and keep his hands clean, that’s when he dove in…face first! After getting deep into the chocolate center of the cake he didn’t care too much about staying clean.

He even stopped for a few minutes for a time-out.

It’s not everyday a parent lets their child make such a mess while cheering them on.

Preston loved his cake and had lots of fun entertaining everyone. Preston is my little sidekick and I don’t know what I would do all day without him while Skyler’s at school. I couldn’t ask for a cuter little boy.

Just a few things I love about my little Presty:

* LOVE, loves, loves bananas and marshmallows

* He is always jabbering like we understand every word he says

* He scrunches his nose when he’s happy!

* He gets super happy when Skyler walks in the door from school, but so sad when he leaves

* Loves it when you chase him

* Super happy all the time

* Thinks he is so cool when he sits on the potty.

* Dances to every beat he hears, even if you’re just taping your foot

* Love music, he thinks he is so smart when he turns on the stereo

* Most of all I LOVE that we are so blessed to have him in our family

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY PRESTON, WE LOVE YOU LOTS!

And to top of the birthday week, Preston had his 1yr checkup...6 shots, poor little guy. He did pretty good and was back to normal a few hours later!


Share this:

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. The perfect birthday party! So cute, you did a great job! Everything was so great. You're amazing. Miss you guys. Love you, Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Happy birthday to Preston :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Birthday and what an amazing mom to do all the wonderful things you did to make his birthday the special day it was. So creative and so talented you are Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darling! I'm very impressed with your sewing skills, and I'm rather jealous of them. I love the dinosaur theme! I can't believe he's 1- time sure flies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu are so cute! I love all of the cute birthday stuff. And the quilt is so so darling! Happy Birthday Preston! I love the pictures of him with his cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!