photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

6/28/2012

Dumpster Deals!!

Don't you LOVE it when you go to take your trash out and you find a SWEET piece of potential in the dumpster! I mean come on who would even throw this GIANORMOUS piece of artwork in the trash. (Still had wrapping on it and a $200.00 price tag...WHAT??) I know, crazy right? I was kind of in heaven as I tried very discreetly to LUG this large beast behind our building and into my garage before anyone saw me.

Trust me people, pictures do not do this thing justice...It's LARGE beyond belief, like when I stand next to it it comes almost up to my chest. So I probably could have done something extra cool with it if I had a LARGE house...but I don't, so it would have looked real silly in my living room with a GIANT family picture in it (Although can you imagine how cool it would be to have a life size family picture?)

So an extra large chalkboard in Mr. Preston's room was the next best thing. Turns out I LOVE IT...and so does Prest.

TOTAL COST = $25.00 (All supplies to make chalkboard & hanging tins)

Now can we all give a BIG{THANK YOU} to the kind of people that throw away extra awesome things.
Oh yeah, P.S. Last week I got a grill out of the trash because someone didn't want to move it with them...and yes, we already had a delicious BBQ with it!

Don't worry I don't really dig in the trash for these things, people just leave them laying by the side!!!  

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. People leave things lying next to our trash as well. Entertainment systems, bikes...everything! I love this idea...and I love the little hanging tins that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Jealous of this awesome find. Love what you did with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!