photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

1/31/2013

A New Calling {For The Romriell Family}

I'll start by mentioning that we attend a ward in Iowa City, in the nice big stake center, 10minutes away from our home. Skyler is(or should I say was) the financial clerk and I played the piano in primary(pretty awesome callings, that we both loved).
A few weeks ago Skyler and I got released and got a new stake calling (we were a little surprised at first since it wasn't a typical calling we were imagining it might be). 
We were called to be specialist in a branch that is about 45min. away from our home. The branch is quite small and they can always use some extra members in their branch to help. The stake calls a few couples to attend church at this branch for a year or more.


Last week we went to our new branch for the first time and we {LOVED} it! The members there were so friendly and very thankful that we are there to help. 
(Once again, not my typical first Sunday that I'm used to) Skyler and I both got our callings (I'm the pianist and Skyler is the youth sunday school teacher). And I played the organ in sacrament meeting and then the piano in primary, all in our first Sunday there, haha.
*Another reason we loved it* -- Preston has off and on loved/hated nursery for the past year or two. In our new branch Preston ran into the nursery and didn't look back, he loved it! It helped that there were only 3 kids in there...not 15, new fun toys, (and his favorite part) super yummy snacks. He ran up to us after church and very excitedly told us they got juice boxes and fruit snacks, two of his most favorite things(score!)

We know our Heavenly Father is very mindful of our family and continually blesses our lives every day. We hope in return that we will be able to bless the lives of all those around us and in our new branch. We are excited for our new calling and can't wait to see what new little adventures it brings our way.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!