photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

2/01/2013

Preston Is {Pretty} Super

I so vividly remember that oh so precious time when my perfect little boy went to bed promptly after eating his plate full of vegetables for dinner. That time when he at the young ripe age of 1 stepped up to the potty and miraculously knew exactly what he was doing, never an accident to follow.
Oh those were the days I remember....
And then I became a mother!

Yeah, that's right folks, I'll admit it. I was one of those girls that thought I would be the greatest mother in the world. Kids to bed at 6, potty trained by 1, tidy little angels with the best manners you could imagine. But man it's HARD WORK.
We have bedtime battles that more often than not end up with Preston asleep on our bedroom floor at 10. Dinner, if he eats it (like tonight) may be a brownie that he snuck off the kitchen counter. I bought the "mini" seat for the top of the toilet when Preston was 1, attempted a little harder when he turned 2, and now he is 3 and I can officially say...
We ACTUALLY did it!

(Insert applause, cheers, confetti, and streamers here)

We have tried the whole "potty training" bit and few times with a couple different takes at it in the last 2 years. It wasn't until the week before Preston's 3rd birthday that he actually decided that it might be OK to ditch the diapers. There were many trips to the bathroom (when the McQueen timer would sound) that got very old very fast. But sitting patiently and sometimes not so patiently, Preston finally got sick of seeing his {EMPTY} sticker chart in front of him (that had been on the wall for months). 
HE WANTED STICKERS...And stickers he got!
(He also wanted new games on the pull-up app I downloaded, but you could only unlock the games with stars....which he got when he went potty) Oh yeah, and gummy worms....whatever works, right?

It all happened in a day or two (even {BEFORE} he was three...shy of 1 week). He's a PRO now, acts like he's been doing this thing for months. 

I'm far from that awesome mother I thought I would be, but I'm doing my best. OK...I could probably do a lot better, but I'm working on it! As for that perfect little boy...
He's like the rest of us, makes a few mistakes every once in a while but overall he's pretty darn adorable and we love him to pieces.

Way to go Super Prest, you did it and that makes you {Super} incredible!


On a side not...Preston hates to be naked, so it was pretty torture trying to get him to take a picture with nothing on but his undies and a cape. He made me settle with at least the shirt...so I took what I could get.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Isn't it the best feeling once they are potty trained?! I was totally that girl too...I thought everything was going to be so perfect and magical. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!