9/23/2013
My Weekend Getaway{kind of}
Two weeks ago Wesley and I went on a little vacation. A getaway you might call it... (anythings a getaway when it only involves one kid) My {Sister}...but not really my sister, was getting married in Salt Lake. So we flew out to take part in the festivities! Preston stayed home with Skyler (they actually headed out of town themselves, to Council Bluffs) so they could attend Skyler's niece's baptism.
We flew out of Cedar Rapids, which is about 15min. from our house. Very convenient, and Wes was a champ on our flights. He was mesmerized by everything he saw out the window and loved playing around on I'm sure a very disgustingly dirty floor...but hay, you do what you gotta do when your stuck in the air trying to make a baby happy.
Cedar Rapids to Denver > Denver to Salt Lake City * Salt Lake to Phoenix > Phoenix to Omaha
(We stayed with Shane and Sadie's, who we never get to see enough of). I got into town at 11pm Friday night and left at 7am Sunday morning. I'm pretty sure I almost spent more time in airports/airplanes then I did in Salt Lake...but it was worth it. It was so good to see the family and to be a part of Phoxay and Michael's special day.
Wes slept the entire two flights home, and made me the happiest {flying} mother of all time.


















0 comments:
Post a Comment
We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!