5/11/2014
The Work Of A Mother {Mother's Day 2014}
To the women who taught me it all. I really couldn't have asked for a more perfect example of a Mother.
7...
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...
I quiet literally do not know how in the world she raised 7 children who {still} and will always love and adore her and think she is the greatest Mother to walk the earth. Some days I totally lose it. I hit my breaking point I think I have to stop before my 2 children hate me and think I'm the meanest Mom ever. In those moments it's hard to want to put on a smile and move on.
And then I always remember my Mom. How she did this 7 times and as impossible as it seems at times it really can be done...and it can be done good - no, great.
I will always and forever be grateful to my sweet mother. For her example. And for teaching me the most important things I have ever learned.
“THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT A MOTHER CAN ACCOMPLISH. RIGHTEOUS WOMEN HAVE CHANGED THE COURSE OF HISTORY AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.”
I can't get through a Mother's Day without mentioning my all time favorite talk.
You can read it here...and you should. Again, and again, and again.
Or watch the incredible condensed version of it in this little video clip.
These simple and profound words are what help me keep going when I'm not even sure what I'm doing.
Mothers, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones. Yours is the work of salvation, and therefore you will be magnified, compensated, made more than you are, better than you are, and better than you have ever been.
May I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you. He is blessing you and He will bless you, even—no, especially—when your days and your nights may be the most challenging. Rely on Him. Rely on Him heavily. Rely on Him forever. And “press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope.”
The work of a mother is hard, too often unheralded work. Please know that it is worth it then, now, and forever.
Thankfully I have such a sweet Mother that I continually rely on.
And a sweet sweet Husband by my side every step of the way.
Now you should head over here and watch this Mother Day Video. So Good!













0 comments:
Post a Comment
We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!