6/23/2014
A {New For Me} Hobby With The Husband
1st - I have to start by showing you this AWESOME picture.
I know Skyler will be overjoyed to see that I posted this for all the world to see...not. But how could I not share this, I'm just too impressed.
This is the second time Skyler has Robin Hooded and arrow.
If I recall, I was squealing with excitement and I'm pretty sure Skyler was more bummed that he just ruined two perfectly good arrows. Hah! But I'm sure deep down...very deep down, he was wanting to bust out a backflip or something. It has to be a pretty dang good feeling!
I give him a hundred props for that one:)
2nd - Skyler has been wanting me to get a bow for a while so we can get out and shot together. I thought it sounded way fun, so I started saving up some money. Nothing to fancy, but I finally got my hands on my first bow...and it's pink!
I of course had to name it...
The Pink Panther :)
We find ourselves heading out to shoot anytime Skyler gets home at a decent hour. We live about 10 minutes from the range. I love having a hobby with Skyler.
I do like to fish with Skyler, but I'm pretty sure he dislikes baiting my hook all the time...haha, I still can't touch those dang worms :(
So archery is good for us. He showed me the ropes and we were good to go.
...for now ;)
Maybe one day he can teach me how to really shoot. I wouldn't mind robin hooding an arrow once in my lifetime.
The boys love it out at the range too. We usually always have it to ourselves, so they just run and play in the trees behind us. In fact, when we say it's time to go we usually find them like this...or should I say don't find them.
They're pretty good at hide and seek.
Everyone needs a few good hobbies with the husband.
It's just too fun!









That looks so fun! Fun to have a hobby together!
ReplyDeleteAnd....way to go Skyler!! Wow! Impressive. You'll get it soon Brooke! :)
ReplyDelete