photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

7/31/2014

One Dirty Run {Run Or Dye 5k}

{RUN OR DYE}
Not much to say about the run except that
...It was epic.

Not an understatement. So much fun! The second we got done we declared it to become a tradition.

At the end of June Britt and my Mom came over to Iowa for the 5k Run or Dye. None of us had ever run a color race before, so we were extra stoked. We didn't really know what to expect, and I can say it exceeded my expectations.

So here we go with the photo overload. 
The night before the race we made shirts (we didn't want to get our run or dye shirts ruined) and after after trying wash these shirts we were so glad we did.
>>>
Check out the hoards of people...seriously? And we were pretty close to the front. There were people still waiting to start the race when we passed the finish line.


{Nobody wants to run in an old pair of shoes, but here's a tip, DO IT. I wore an old pair of shoes that now have a a nice pink glow to them. Not going to lie, it kind of looks cool. But...I'm glad I didn't ruin my nice pair.}




At the end of the race they have a dance party where they throw packets and packets of dye into the air. We stayed around for 2 or 3 dye throwing parties and I can't even describe to you how dirty we were. Just watch this video...you might get a tiny glimpse of how much dye was in the air. 

(I put my phone in a ziplock bag and recorded through it...worked great)

.You couldn't breath .You couldn't see .And it was totally awesome.



Have you ever run a color race? Sign up for one in your lifetime. It will make you happy :)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I love that the three of you ran this together! So fun!! I ran a color run twice...and had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!