8/06/2014
Our Summer {Before Our Summer}
Skyler's summer break didn't start till July4th, so we had quite a bit of summer before we actually got our "summer break". I thought I would do a quick recap of some of the things that kept us busy while Skyler worked away the majority of his summer...poor guy, we sure do love him for it though.
Summer nights are the best...that's all. :)
I had been looking (more like glanced once) at these cute little 4wheelers, I thought Wes would love one for his birthday. Once I realized it would require us to spend more than $30 for one (thanks to my sweet husband we have one pretty awesome budget) the 4-wheeler just wasn't in the cards.
I quickly threw that idea out the window, Bummer...I thought.
Literally the next day we had some friends offer up their 4wheeler that they didn't want to move with them. I very quickly snagged that offer. Seriously? How incredible did that just work out in our favor.
Wes loves the thing. We have to hide it under a blanket cause every time we go to get in the car (in the garage) it's a fight to keep him off it.
I signed Preston up for swimming lessons. Everyday for 2 weeks.
He was so excited to actually get to go swimming everyday. 9:15 every morning (and not that warm) I was thinking he wouldn't love jumping in a cool pool. I was wrong. He was having so much fun he didn't even mind the water.
At this point in our summer Wesley still didn't love the water. He sat patiently and very happily on my lap and watched his brother swim for 2 weeks.
The swimming pool is at our community center, as well as our library. Every once in a while after swim lessons the library would have something cool going on...like the balloon man making this giant minion.
And because we don't have a car we did A LOT of biking. Good thing the swimming pool wasn't too far away.
I'm not over exaggerating when I say Wes hated swimming at the beginning of the Summer. But apparently after watching Preston for 2 weeks he found his love. I filled a bucket on our deck and he "swam" his heart out for hours. Dunking his head under and everything.
Everything is better in the Summer right? Even breakfast.
We've been showing the kids the art of kite flying. They love it for a few minutes, then they run off to play. So Skyler thinks of clever ways to keep the kite in the air while we lounge.
And we all love to lounge...
Happy Simple Summer.
















0 comments:
Post a Comment
We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!