5/17/2015
Friday, May 8th 2015
A rather normal birth story, but it just has to be written down for the records, right? :)
We headed to the hospital Friday morning at 8am for my scheduled C-Section at 10am. Skyler and I got settled into a delivery room, got my IV going, and patiently hung out and waited for show time.
Oh and I should probably mention how I was just sitting there in NO PAIN, NOT in labor. This scheduled thing was pretty darn awesome.
At 10:20-10:30ish I walked myself into the OR. Totally weird....I've been wheeled in on a bed with my two other boys, so to walk on in and sit myself down on the table was pretty funny to me. As soon as the spinal was placed things started going pretty fast. I was quickly laid down on the table and the nurses went to town prepping for the Doctor. As soon as the sheet went up by my face and the Doctor said he was ready to go, Skyler came in and sat down by my head.
A few minutes later, 10:50am, I heard that little newborn cry. Always one of the sweetest moment for me. What seemed like quite a while later, Skyler brought our baby over for me to see. I laid there in awe staring at our sweet little baby for just a few minutes until it was time for him to get cleaned up. Skyler and the baby left while I got stitched up for another hour.
I was wheeled back to our delivery room around 12:00pm. Skyler came in a little while later with...the camera, no baby. So I scrolled through the camera over and over staring at pictures of our new little guy. Can I just say how crazy it is to go through all that and then come back to your room empty handed. Still hadn't held my baby. That's always been the longest hours of my life. Waiting to see my boys after surgery. FINALLY, and what seemed like days later, our nurse brought us our baby at 1:30pm. Almost 3hrs after he was born I got to hold him. And it was so worth the wait!
The sight of all Skyler holding all his boys was just about the cutest thing I had ever seen. Melted my heart. He is such a good Dad. I imagine many fun memories will be made with his bunch of boys!
Skyler's Mom brought the boys to see us around 4:00pm. That's when we all settled on a name. The fastest we have ever named one of our babies.
Landon Skyler Romriell
7 LB 1 OZ, 20in.
From the moment we set eyes on him we have been absolutely in love with Landon.














Such a perfect little man!!! I am so glad everything went well!
ReplyDelete