11/01/2010
Halloween Festivities
The Flintstones
Bam bam!
Skyler was such a good sport! He reminded me that he hasn’t dressed up since he was 10… Now look at him. He must love me, and I sure do love him!
Presty’s pumpkin...ahhrrrr!
-->
What is this delicious stuff and why do I not get it more often?
Now for you Britt (living in Miami) and Jake (Jerusalem) look closely, Preston is wearing this thing called a hat, they keep us nice and warm from this thing we call the COLD, but you wouldn’t know what that is. Although you might remember from those good ol' days on the ski hill... sorry you have to miss such a glorious season! hooray for SNOW that will be here soon!
Preston hanging out in the trunk at the trunk-or-treat.
Yes, no fancy decoration, but if you look closely there are bats hanging.
-->
Skyler’s mom always did a Halloween dinner every year so we decided to carry on the tradition. We got together with Skyler’s brother Darren & his wife Chelsea and had our own little Halloween dinner. Definitely didn’t compare to Dena’s annual dinner (Her's is incredible, way fun!) but we did our best! Chelsea and I made menus and threw together some ideas and came up with this.

Witch’s Skin “Salad” and for the toppings Rotten Eggs, blood clots “tomatoes”, Owl toenails “sunflower seeds”, & stale and moldy bread” croutons.

Preston enjoying the candy

Boiled dragon scales “artichokes”, bloody baked rats “meatloaf”(Chelsea did an awesome job making those), mashed-BOO-tatoes, dead man pinkies “Carrots”.
-->
Witch’s Brew to drink, & dessert…Phantom of the Night “Baked Alaska!”







That's super funny he's wearing a hat and it's cold! The kids and I are having a beach day tomorrow! Wish you were here (: Halloween looked so much fun, you're so creative!
ReplyDeleteCold? um... sometimes I find places that sell drinks that say cold, but I think they're still 65'. I think your incredable, that looks so much fun. I'll try to blog about our Halloween party we had here! oh it's been a blast. Anyway, I hope Preston hasn't forgoten about me. Remind him I'm way better the Lane. Lastly tell Sklyer I used his line today. we had a test that took advantage of us, long story short I came out of the test only to find everyone complaining and going on and on, so I said, don't let it best you twice. haha I laughed, once again I was the soloiest. (a stereo typical Jake comment, long winded, and half thought out)
ReplyDeleteYour Halloween costumes are so cute! I just love them!
ReplyDelete