2/02/2011
A Morning In The Ice-burg
Looking outside this morning we thought we were in for a warm day, the sun was shining and it was so beautiful. Skyler asked what the temperature was so I took a quick glance and said 21 degrees, not bad he says. After looking back at the computer I realized a made a little mistake -21 it says...that's COLD! A few minutes later Jake called and told us he had an experiment we should try....So we boiled up a cup of water and threw it off our balcony, any guesses to what happened? The water turned to steam before it even reached the ground, how cool is that.

After dropping Skyler off at school, Preston and I can home to find that we were locked out of the house, -20 and locked out, that's not good. Not because I forgot the key, (I even had two keys on me) because it was so cold outside the lock was FROZEN. We had been gone for maybe 5 minutes and the door sealed off that quick!
Thank goodness Shane lives close and let us warm up in his house for a few hours, We even got to enjoy Sadie's birthday breakfast with her!
After a while Shane came with me to try to get in and...still FROZEN. After Shane pounded and pounded and blew lots of hot air into the lock we were in.
Locked out because your lock is frozen....? Only in Rexburg
Oh how I LOVE rexburg winter!
I mean honestly if it's going to be this cold it might as well be SNOWING right?
We better get something good out of freezing to death







Oh my gosh! -21?? I think there's a reason why I live here. It was in the 20's here today and I was freezing! I can't imagine it being cold enough for the locks to be frozen.
ReplyDeleteHey you prayed for the stuff! lol. Just another reason I hate winter. You never have to worry about that in the nice warm summer months! (That or slipping on ice while holding a toddler or pregnant, being locked out of your house or car, deadly icicles hanging above your head, the list goes on!) If the groundhog is right, and hopefully he is, spring will come early!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy Brookie-Oh Rexburg, I miss you and your crazy-Only in Rexburg moments!~
ReplyDeleteThat is HILARIOUS. Seriously, I'm laughing. You poor little ice cubes (: I'll take an extra dip in the pool for you. Today while walking home from the park and sweat was dripping we said, can't we at least put on a sweater?!! It's hard to believe that its cold because we are still roasting. So funny! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI thought it was pretty funny myself! And just for the record...I prayed for SNOW! Not -21 degree weather with NO SNOW, and from what I can remember it does not need to be -20 to snow it doesn't even need to 20. SNOW is a glorious thing, freezing to death is not. (except for the time we skied in Canada in -10 that was freezing and still pretty dang fun)
ReplyDelete