8/20/2011
Family Reunion in KC
Two weeks ago my whole family met up in Kansas City for a quick little family reunion.
We only had 2 days together so we made sure we had LOTS of fun, fast! The plan all along was to go to the water park on Saturday but the forecast for Saturday was awful so we had to change our plan. So Friday morning rolls around and we wake up to pouring rain. Well since our last KC family reunion at Worlds Of Fun got rained out we were a little scared that our plans were shot once again. But...since we were going to be at a water park we figured we would be wet anyways, so we took our chances! Turns out the clouds took off and we had ourselves a perfect day at Oceans Of Fun! (My sister took all the pictures this day so I don't have any fun ones to share, maybe I'll get some from her soon(Hint,hint,Britt)haha).

After the water park we zoomed across town for a Kansas City Royals baseball game! I LOVE going to major league baseball games...(Don't go very often...maybe that's why I think there so fun) but even when the team loses there a blast!

The game was pretty eventful with extra innings, but in the end we just couldn't pull ahead. But we had tons of fun and Preston Loved it!
(When looking at these pictures remember we came straight from the water park...no time to get all fancy and cute)

It was Preston's first Major League baseball game, this boy has had a more eventful 1st year then some people have in their whole lives! We were a little worried how things would go with such a long game, but he sat in his chair and pointed and yelled BALL all night!

Since we crammed all the fun in on Friday, Saturday was a little more relaxed. We took family pictures in the HOT HUMID SUN, we thought we were going to roast so we quickly snapped and few a moved on.

* * * * *
We spent the rest of the day enjoying each others company, Showing Skyler our old house that we lived in 20 years ago.
Checked out a few church history sites, and even stopped by to see the Kansas City Temple!
* * * * * *
Another quick trip down in the record books(were kinda famous for the QUICK ones)!
Everyone was there but Lane...who is loving his mission in Africa so he probably wasn't to sad that he missed out.
I sent him the family pictures and he wanted me to know that just because he wasn't there he was still dressed to match, he said "I would have fit in perfect, I mean I wear a white shirt everyday...OK so it's more like a yellowish-white now but I think I still would have matched!" We missed him dearly, and I think mom even shed a few tears for him!








0 comments:
Post a Comment
We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!