photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

12/18/2011

I Miss You Idaho

For all you Idaho lovers, I dedicate this post to you. For anyone else, it may be rather boring.

Well it's one week before Christmas and this is our weather forecast for snow...Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Are you kidding me, less than a tenth of an inch, that's like a slap in the face to a skier. My parents in Kansas have a 100% chance of snow and 12-18" is expected. I'm not so sure that we will be getting a white Christmas like them. When I think of the lack of snow it reminds me how much I miss Idaho, all of the lush, soft, white powder...GLORIOUS! A life without snow is well.....a sad one. Hopefully we get an inch that sticks around.
And for all you snow hatters.... 

And while I'm on my I miss Idaho rant I'll go ahead and mention how much I miss my 50LB box of potatoes. I seriously have to buy a bag a potatoes every time I go to the grocery store, and there extra tiny. I LOVE potatoes but I don't love peeling an entire bag just to get enough for dinner. So if anyone from Idaho decides to come visit Iowa, your more than welcome to bring me a giant box of potatoes! (The giant yummy ones come from the Blasers farm!)

Hhmmmm...what else do I miss about Idaho you ask???

* Lots of wonderful family
* BYU-Idaho
* The beautiful Mountains
* Chiz's Ranch(If any of you live in the Rexburg area and haven't been to Chiz's...your missing out) I can eat Chiz's ranch by the spoonful! Nobody will understand this but my cousin Sadie, we share the same love!
* Craigo's Pizza/ COOKIE MONSTERS
* Grand Targhee
* Porter's Craft
* The incredible Summer weather that you get for like 1 maybe 2 months!

* The Rexburg Temple

Click for larger image

* Green Canyon Hot Springs. We grew up loving Green Canyon, I thought it was the greatest place ever. The first time Skyler set foot in the door he thought he was going to get a disease!haha I'm a germaphobe but for some really odd reason Green Canyon didn't get to me! I guess I was just extra use to it.


I could go on and on, I love Idaho don't you?




Oh....and how could I forget, Reed's dairy chocolate milk, even there regular milk is way more delicious than any other brand of milk!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. I miss the potatoes too! Ours are soo tiny! I have the same problem when it comes to having to peel a whole bag just for one meal! Love those giant Idaho potatoes!Luckily we still get the snow! Here's hoping you guys have a white Christmas! Even if it is only an inch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, we have NO snow here in Southeast Idaho, no white Christmas for us either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss Idaho too..and for all those same reasons! There is no ranch dressing that is better than Chiz's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I miss idaho too sometimes. Although, not the snow! I go to rexburg just to go shopping! how lame is that when I have boise right next to me. I miss porter's so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So can you believe that Kevin just BARELY introduced me to Chiz's ranch last week? I KNOW! it's delicious! And yes, it's true. We have no snow so far. There is one inch predicted for Christmas Eve and i'm hoping it turns into like 20!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I must say that it's been FOREVER since I've been to Idaho. But there are so many memories. A few good ones that you mentioned: Green Canyon (we went there every single time we visited), Porters Craft (always loved that place), and those yummy potatoes. Never loved the snow because the freezing cold air put me and my asthma in the hospital every time. Anyways, thanks for the Idaho post and I hope you get your snow this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!