photo Steel-Family-20.jpg
Romriell photo Steel-Family-19.jpg
 photo Steel-Family-15.jpg

lo

ve

story

connect with us

3/13/2012

Let The Festivities Begin!!

SPRING BREAK has begun!!! We headed over to Skyler's parents on Sunday night, and we're ready to enjoy our time away from home for the next little while.

When we walked in the door Sunday night there was a big long race track set up in the front room...Preston was in heaven!! Lately he has been madly in LOVE and very attached to his Lightning McQueen race car. (That we won at a santa bingo game a year ago & he hasn't cared about until last month.) McQueen is a little to wide to fit down the track but if you race him on two wheels/kind of on his side he fits, so that's what Prest has been doing and he thinks it's the coolest thing ever. He has been running cars down the track non stop.
 

For family home evening Monday night, Grandpa Farrell had the grand idea that we have a grand prix of our own.



So we headed to Target and everyone picked out their race car.

(Left to Right) Brooke, Dena, Preston, Farrell, Skyler.

Debating which car I should get, I finally decided to go with looks instead of the car I thought would go faster. I think Mini Coopers are sweet little cars so I was super excited to get mine on the race track.
 
Well... my mini coop failed me, I came in VERY last every race, they weren't even close races it was just a REALLY slow car. haha 

 Preston's car won best of show and came in 3rd place overall.

Skyler was the ultimate winner (car on the far right)...well kind of. Farrell's crazy long car was apparently to short to trigger the finish line, so after he made a few alterations it did beat Skyler's car a couple of times. But Skyler in the end was the winner. 

1st Place - Skyler
Winning an all expense paid trip to...RED MANGO with friends of choice! (so glad we're such good friends, cause my car won me nothin').
2nd Place - Farrell
3rd Place - Preston
4th Place - Dena
5th Place - Brooke
(The winner was supposed to win a bag of Cadbury eggs too, but since they felt bad for the loser I got them instead!!! My ultimate favorite candy...don't worry I shared.)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. That's the coolest thing ever! I want one. Can I send you a car next time and race vicariously?

    ReplyDelete

We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!