3/21/2012
Spring Break Happenings
Wednesday during spring break we celebrated Easter!! Skyler's parents will be out of town for Easter and they wanted us to be with them to celebrate so we did it a little early.
Apparently this hat has been worn by all the grandkids during their Egg hunts, so Preston was carrying on the tradition!
Every time Prest would see an egg he would let out a little giggle of surprise...every egg was better than the last & it never got old for him.
And after he would pick one egg up he would look around at everyone and say, " More eggs?"
Towards the end of the video Preston is opening his eggs & finds a new Mater toy...that's the best part, he's SO excited, it's adorable. (Preston calls him Manner)
In Skyler's family they always had a scavenger hunt to find their Easter baskets, so Skyler and I got to race each other in a hunt for our own baskets. Skyler warned me before we started...."you know I am experienced with these hunts, and they can be pretty tricky". Skyler got a head start two clues ahead of me and....I passed him up and found the baskets, full of some incredible gifts and goodies!
(My new hat was one of my sweet gifts waiting for me in my basket..thank you Dena & Farrell!!!)
We thought Preston would really love dying eggs...Who knew that he would be so devastated to actually change the color of his egg to anything other than white. At first it did not go over well. We put his egg in the blue dye to show him how cool it would look and when we pulled it out he started crying and saying "NO BLUE no blue."
After much convincing....
He dropped his egg in the dye!!!
And then we couldn't get him to stop. He wanted to dye everyones eggs in every color he could get his hands on...needless to say, we didn't end up with very pretty eggs.
Preston's twiner eggs...that had been dyed in multiple colors!
* * * * *
Skyler and I got to go on a little date to the temple while Dena watched Preston one night, that's always a nice little break!
Oh yes....and we also had time to squeeze in a little craft while Skyler did some studying(YES, skyler did lots of studying on his break, I asked him if he was going to take a break and he said "I am taking a break...I'm only studying 4hrs a day." not my idea of a break...poor guy).
Valentines Day table runner, for next year of course.
* * * * *
We also celebrated St Patrick's Day with a GREEN dinner!
And my attempt at St. Patties nail....haha my clover has seen better days(ok my nails in general have seen better days). But I was loving the Pot O' Gold, thanks to my sister-in-law Chelsea who sent us a sweet package of goodies and green and gold polish!
We also headed over to Red Mango and ate green frozen yogurt!! (I'll add those pictures later)
And we finished off the visit with yet another scavenger hunt. Skyler and I wanted to do a little something for his parents since they made our week so special, so we set up a little St. Patrick's day scavenger hunt (Thanks again to Chelsea for the scavenger hunt she sent me to use) they loved it!







0 comments:
Post a Comment
We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!