4/07/2012
Easter Sugar Cookies
Grandma Steel sent Preston a fun little Easter package, and among the goodies were cookie cutters and sprinkles(Which is now becoming a tradition in ever package & we love it). So Preston and I got busy because holiday decorated sugar cookies are the best!
Skyler's Grandma made the best sugar cookies, but you should read the recipe...they are very finicky...from using the right mixer, wearing the right gloves, and cooking them to the exact second. Needless to say....I don't make them very good!haha So I needed a new recipe...
I tried a sugar cookie recipe from my cousin that she posted on her blog and they were SO so good! (Thanks Megan & Mandi!)
So here it is...in case you want a really yummy sugar cookie recipe, so soft and so easy to make!
Mandi's Sugar Cookies
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream or cream cheese (I prefer cream cheese)
6 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
Cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla. Add cream cheese. In separate bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture. Cut into fantastically cute shapes with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. (You can refrigerate the dough before you cut your cookies if you want to, but it isn't necessary. I never plan in advance enough to do so, and they always turn out great!).
Preston LOVED them! And when Skyler tried one he asked me if I used his Grandma's recipe...(which was a very good compliment).
I'm definitely not going to say I topped Grandma Gae's recipe, but it was a good feeling to make cookies that were so soft and very yummy.







0 comments:
Post a Comment
We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!