2/12/2013
Brooke's {24th} Birthday
Last week was my birthday and I'm pretty sure Preston was more excited for it than I was. Everyday for two weeks leading to my birthday he would say, "Mom your birthday is coming up!!".
The morning of my birthday I asked Preston what the day was. After thinking for a few seconds he jumped up and down screaming, "IT'S MOMMIES BIRTHDAY" over and over, It was pretty cute!
Skyler was at school all day, so the boys and I hung out and did a whole lot of nothing!
When I was little I remember thinking the world stopped for my birthday. It was the greatest day of the year and I couldn't wait for it. Then I grew up...and spent half my day doing chores, realizing that it's just another normal day = BUMMER (But I still think it's the greatest day)!
Skyler and Jake bought me a new camera lens, greatest gift ever...so Preston and I had to test out it's awesome shallow depth of field!!
When Skyler got home from school he went to work making a yummy chocolate potato cake for me. He knows how much I love potatoes and thought it would be fun to make a cake with them(He is so sweet, always thinking of cute little things that will put a smile on my face)!
Preston kept telling us I was getting a Mater cake(I guess since he got a McQueen cake), so he was a little disappointed to see a plain rectangle cake. The disappointment soon wore off when the sprinkles and candles were added...Preston even requested Skyler put balloons on my cake!
Skyler finished up the cake and all the family joined our fun via Google+. Turning my uneventful day into a party!
(Reminding me how blessed I am to have such a sweet husband and great family that love me so much)







0 comments:
Post a Comment
We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!