5/12/2013
A {Sweet} Sweet Mother
Growing up I remember thinking my Mother was the cutest Mother, the coolest Mother, the most talented Mother, the best cook of any Mother I knew(the list goes on). Pretty much the ultimate example of what a mother should be...
And to this day I still think that, no, I know that!
My sweet sweet Mother taught us the most important things there are to know. Beyond teaching us how to sew and clean and cook(didn't learn that one very well) she taught us how to {LOVE}.
We could always find our Mom in the kitchen baking yummy treats for neighbors, cooking dinner for a friend in need, or out visiting people just to cheer them up!
I love the talk on the Motherhood found here that Elder Holland gave in conference. Every time I hear these words I can't help but think of my mother and the wonderful things she continually teaches her children.
"May I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you. He is blessing you and He will bless you, even—no, especially—when your days and your nights may be the most challenging. Rely on Him. Rely on Him heavily. Rely on Him forever. And “press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope.” - Elder Jeffery R. Holland
The most recent picture taken with my Mom at Jakes wedding (and Grandpa Steel & prest).
Sometimes it is a challenge...a very{BIG}challenge (and I'm just getting started). But in the most challenging moments I hope I can remember how important and worth it it is.
The other day Preston set his yogurt down and it took Wesley all of about 5seconds to notice. He quickly grabbed it up and chowed down (the only reason I could laugh was because they were outside). Sweet little Preston was fast to help clean it up while Wes kept on eating!
NO JOKE 2minutes later, when we had the mess cleaned up Preston asked for another yogurt. I handed him his {OPENED} yogurt and he tipped it upside down and dumped the whole thing out.
...REALLY?
All I could give him was a very blank stare...and a little laugh.
The work of a mother is hard, too often unheralded work. Please know that it is worth it then, now, and forever. - Elder Holland
To my sweet sweet mother,
I LOVE YOU more than you will ever know. I cannot thank you enough for the women you have been in my life and the Mother you will always be to me!








0 comments:
Post a Comment
We love when our blog gets read. So leave us some comments and let us know you stopped by!